If you have been with me on this journey you will know how much of a roller coaster it’s been. I began to write this is September of 2016. Here are some of the things that happened to me in a very short, sweet, edible list. There is a story behind every bullet point but we can talk about that later. Perhaps. I am just so bloody thankful that 2016 is over and this year is off to a start. *I would say great, but it began rough, see conclusion for details.
This is the 2016, the year that was:
- Moved house 4 times in the space of 6 months.
- Had 2 friends die.
- Broke up with 1 boyfriend.
- Staged managed 6 different shows.
- Choreographed 4 different dance works.
- Traveled to Nelson twice.
- Wrote over 50,000 words.
- Gained 2 degrees (if I pass my dissertation).
- Bought an new iPhone (finally, the iPhone 4 was dying).
- Sprained one ankle.
- Got a cold 6 times.
- Went to 18 different shows.
- Considered suicide seriously once.
- Maintained a part time job.
- Got two pay rises.
- Gained two diagnoses of mental illness.
- Attended over 20 counseling sessions.
- Took 84 Sertraline tablets – but not all at once.
- Started dating a new guy and fell head over heels.
- Grew a vegetable patch (which is very successful).
- Put on 6 kgs.
- Wrote a 40 page research document.
- Met many new friends.
- Bought a new laptop.
- Got another year older.
- Admitted to hospital once for potential meningitis.
- Took over 30 polaroids.
- Visited 13 completely new locations.
- Had the family dog die.
- Went to 341 different places.
I will be honest with you, 2016 was not my year. Like completely, not at all. I mean I am not sure where I thought to myself, this year is great, fab, wonderful, best one yet.
No. That never happened.
I was asked on new years eve, what was the best thing that happened to me this year. Now this list came shooting through my head and I almost began to sing it because what else do you with all this bad information. You sing and you do that little boogie on the spot and laugh to your insane self to make it all better. But then and there I looked to me left and Jordan was standing there. And for the first time in 365 days I thought to myself, there is something I can be thankful for.
SHOT JORDAN! Holding it down for 2016. You are the MVP.
So honestly, 2017 you can’t be a cock up. You can’t even be close. 2016 was a shit storm of a year.
*Re-admitted to hospital 2017 – there will be a story on this one.