So at the start of the year I moved into an apartment with my partner (he’s the one in the photo, if you needed me to point that out) and I won’t lie when I say I was nervous. Honestly I wasn’t sure if it was the right idea. We had been together for 7 months and I had just spent a month living at his house with his mum. (She has an amazing house, perks of having an interior designer as a mum). I was on the hunt for an apartment or room for myself and my other flat mate when a property in the middle of the city popped up. It was perfect, I knew the previous tenants and I had been there before. The place was great minus the price tag. $540 for a two bedroom new york styled apartment. Fully furnished. Just waiting for someone to live in it. You do the math. Two girls cannot afford $270 plus expenses whilst studying. But between three. Well.. thats how Jamie came into play. None the less we have the apartment and have been living here since January. Nick named ‘The Hot Box’ because the loft can reach above 30 degrees. A mere when you are trying to sleep.
So what have I found out whilst living with a boy/man/lad/gentleman for the first time….
- Everything has a place. If you want something it will be in its place. So stop asking.
- There is twice as much washing. So many t-shirts. I now have 3 washing baskets.
- I don’t have to cook every night.
- Supermarket shopping takes three times as long if there is no plan.
- You have to organise your week with someone else.
- Romantic showers don’t really exist.
- Milk never last longs.
- Neither does snacks.
- I own most of the wardrobe.
- We have separate desk and work stations because we have different shit going on.
- There is a nice side to the bed. We rotate on who feels worse.
- Toothpaste is always running out.
- Jamie can now do my back for fake tan.
- He is also my stylist.
- He is my reminder to do work.
- I am a very tidy person. Now Jamie is too. Though he hates our vacuum.
- Its okay if you forget your keys because someone else has a set.
- Alone time is nice.
- I still hate folding washing.
- If one of you is sick. There is no hope for the other person.
- Seeing your family now involves both of you. There is no “how are you?” its “how are you both?”
- Date night still is a thing. Once a week. When you have time.
- Someone can always click my back.
- Buying food happens 3 times a week.
- My chap sticks are always disappearing.
- He likes my soup and I like his pesto pasta.
- You have your top cheerleader with you always.
- Someone will cover you up in a blanket when you fall asleep on the couch.
- Boys hate the doctors. With a passion.
- Having alcohol with your meal makes your a classy couple.
- People think its weird when your not together.
- Taking a nap is not as easy when someone wants to play video games.
I could go on, but maybe I will do a 2.0 version of this list. So the end of the year is coming about and my mother is already asking me what my plans are. Honestly I am just trying to make it to the end of the week. Let alone what my plans are. I know that 1. I will be doing summer school and then graduating. 2. I am mostly certain of doing my honours degree and 3. I will be in Auckland. The other plan is that I will live with Jamie, but the Auckland property market is horrible and so bloody competitive. Want a house. Thats nice. You can fight it out with 40 other people. Like families and very professional couples. Good luck. So the adventure continues. Its been a while since we chatted but I have some good post coming out. But honestly please let me know if there is something you want me to talk about. Im all ears. You have me line, hook and sinker.
Also if you haven’t go and like our page. https://www.facebook.com/hiddenunderthecovers?fref=ts because I post things on there I don’t post anywhere else.
All my love XOXO Gossip Goat. aka Seren. Im getting all weird again. Guys this is why we must talk every week.